One of the most spectacular countries in the World we think! With so much to do and see the landscapes are mesmerising, this a trip the whole family will never forget.
Destinations: Auckland to Bay of Islands to Lake Taupo to Hawkes Bay to Christchurch to Queenstown
Duration: 17 days / 16 nights
Guideline: £15,500 pp excluding international flights
Day 1: Arrival in Auckland, flight to Kerikeri
On arrival at Auckland International Airport you will be met by a representative who will hand over your New Zealand documentation and transfer you by private vehicle to the Domestic Airport for your domestic flight from Auckland to Kerikeri. You will be met at Kerikeri by your private driver who will transfer you to Eagles Nest, on the Bay of Islands. You will be staying here for 3 nights in a Three Bedroom Eagles Spirit Villa.
Eagles Lodge - 3 nights
3 nights Eagle’s Lodge – This multi-award winning New Zealand luxury hotel & retreat is set within a 75 acre estate atop its own private ridgeline offering spectacular views of the Bay of Islands. Designed and furnished in an eclectic international contemporary style, where gardens and lodgings blend into the natural topography and foliage.
Day 2 & 3: Explore the Bay of Islands
Today enjoy a private sailing excursion around the stunning Bay of Islands. You will sail through the islands to a sheltered beach where you can choose to either swim, kayak or explore the beach/island while your crew prepares a kiwi BBQ lunch for you to enjoy back on board the yacht.
While at leisure in the Bay of Islands we recommend the following unique local experiences:
- The Waitangi Treaty House and Grounds to learn the history between Maori and New Zealand Europeans and discover why this spot is so sacred to the nation.
- Explore the historic village of Russell, dine at its beachside restaurants and try to imagine how this adorable village was once known as the ‘Hell-hole of the Pacific’.
- Go on a dolphin spotting cruise, or even join them on a dolphin swimming excursion.
- Dive or snorkel on one of the country’s most celebrated dive locations, the Poor Knights Islands.
- Visit the town of Kerikeri, home to the oldest buildings in the country.Cruise to Cape Brett and the famous ‘Hole in the Rock’.
- Play one of the world’s top 100 golf courses, scenic Kauri Cliffs.
Day 4: Flight to Auckland from Kerikeri
This morning you will be met at your accommodation by your private driver who will transfer you to Kerikeri Airport for your onward flight to Auckland. On arrival, collect your rental vehicle.
Enjoy a fascinating privately guided tour of the Hobbit Movie Set and step into the lush pastures of ‘The Shire’, discovering the real ‘Middle Earth’ from The Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit film trilogies. Your guide will escort you around the set, showing the indicate detailing, pointing out the most famous locations and explaining how the movie magic was made. At the end of the tour enjoy refreshments at The Green Dragon Inn.
You will then make your way to the Great Lake Taupo Region where you will be staying for 2 nights..
Huka Lodge - 2 nights
Enter through the gates of Huka Lodge and immediately begin to leave the real world behind. As guests journey the length of the drive and encounter the park-like grounds, a feeling of peace and tranquillity begins to gently envelop you.
Day 5: Explore the Haku Lodge & Surroundings
While at leisure at Huka Lodge we recommend the following unique local experiences:
- Play golf at either of the two world class courses nearby, Kinloch and Wairakei.
- Go fly fishing on the surrounding rivers or trolling on Lake Taupo.
- Take a scenic cruise on New Zealand’s largest lake, Lake Taupo. See Maori rock carvings, go kayaking, or fish.
- Get the adrenaline pumping on the Hukafalls Jet and view the staggering amount of water flowing over these falls every second.
- Take a helicopter to the ever simmering White Island, an almost constantly active volcano in the Bay of Plenty.
- Take a day to explore the geothermal wonders in the region including Craters of the Moon, Waiotapu, and the many different locations in Rotorua.
- Put your hiking shoes on and walk the Tongariro Crossing, often named the best day walk in the world.
- For the more adventurous, try bungy jumping, quad biking, sky diving, gliding, or even racing around a track in a real Formula Challenge race car.
- Take to the bush on one of the many walks available, guided or unguided.
- Play tennis, petanque, croquet or mountain bike, all available at Huka onsite facilities.
Day 6: Travel the Thermal Explorer Highway
Today you will drive along the Thermal Explorer highway to the Hawke’s Bay region and your accommodation. This afternoon experience visiting the treasured native bird, the kiwi, in the wild. There are five species of kiwi in New Zealand and they are all endangered but at Cape Kidnappers, they are a sanctuary to these precious birds. Tours are arranged with experienced guides who work within the sanctuary. You will be staying at The Farm at Cape Kidnappers for three nights in a Hilltop Family Suite.
The Farm at Cape Kidnappers - 3 nights
The Farm at Cape Kidnappers sits atop rolling hills and rugged cliffs that give way to vast sea views and an ever-present horizon. Home to not only a lodge and spa, this unique property also boasts an award-winning Tom Doak-designed golf course and a sanctuary for some of New Zealand’s most precious flora, fauna and endangered animals.
Day 7: Explore Hawke's Bay Area
While at leisure at The Farm at Cape Kidnappers we recommend the following unique local experiences:
- Take advantage of the many onsite activities including mountain biking, nature walks, clay bird shooting, quad biking and of course, golfing on one of the world’s 30 top golf courses.
- Tour the farm to see the sheep dogs at work, watch the shearers shearing and spot the adorable lambs.
- Maori cultural tour to a nearby marae to meet a Maori family and hear their stories.
View the massive colony of gannets at Cape Kidnappers.
- Tour the vineyards of the Hawke’s Bay, the second largest wine producing in the country, and particularly well known for its red wine varieties.
- View the bright pastels and geometric motifs of Napier’s rich collection of Art Deco buildings from a 1930’s vintage vehicle, or on a walking tour. – Combine a visit to the Hawke’s Bay vineyards with an epicurean tour to meet local makers of cheese, olive oil and fresh produce.
Day 8: Morning Cycle and Afternoon Chill
This morning you will be met at your accommodation by your private cycle guide. You will enjoy a scenic riding experience along the stop banks of the pretty Tutaekuri River, on this round route from Taradale to the rural settlement of Puketapu. Enjoy lunch at the iconic Puketapu Pub before returning on the opposite side of the river. After a climb to enjoy the views of the surrounding region from the historic Otatara Maori Pa site, treat yourself to a chocolate delight at the Silky Oaks Chocolate Factory and café. This afternoon will be at your leisure to enjoy the onsite facilities at The Farm at Cape Kidnappers.
Day 9: Travel to Napier Airport
Today you will drive to Napier Airport and return your rental vehicle prior to your onward flight to Christchurch. Upon arrival you will be met by your private driver and will be transferred to the Homestead at Annandale where you will be staying for three nights in a 4 bedroom Scrubby Bay Villa.
Annandale, Scrubby Bay - 3 nights
In an area of outstanding beauty lies Annandale, an iconic farm escape offering four award-winning luxury villas with relaxed Kiwi style informality.
Your Bay. Your People. Your Time. Warmly embraced on both sides by the surrounding hills and facing a private bay, Scrubby Bay is a magical and completely private setting for gatherings of up to 14 guests.
Day 10 & 11: Exploring Annandale Farm
Day 1: This morning enjoy a guided tour of the Annandale Farm. You will travel over rugged tracks while enjoying views from some of the higher, more scenic locations on the farm. Your tour will incorporate the historic woolshed, seeing livestock up close and experiencing some of the practical sides of a working farm. This afternoon explore Pigeon Bay and the surrounding waters of Banks Peninsula in your private powerboat. You will view the friendly hector dolphins, fur seals in their natural habitat, bird colonies around the coastline and other wildlife. Your cruise will provide an excellent perspective for you to see the fascinating volcanic topography and geology that created the Banks Peninsula millions of years ago.
Day 2: Today you are kayaking, this premium kayaking excursion showcases the best of Pigeon Bay and coastal Banks Peninsula. Your personal guide will share the natural beauty, key points of interest including flora, fauna, historical sites and fascinating geology. Annandale’s coast also boasts cormorant colonies, seal sunbathing shelves, shag nesting sites and is among the playground of penguins and Hectors’ dolphins.
While at leisure at Annandale we recommend the following unique local experiences:
- Take part in a cooking class with the talented chefs and learn the recipes to replicate yourself at home.
- Complimentary bikes are available to get you through the fields and down to the secluded beaches.
- Take to the air or sea on a private sightseeing tour to some of the regions most scenic spots on helicopter or aboard Annandale’s very own boat.
Day 12: Travel to Minaret Station by Plane & Helicopter
This morning, you will be met at your accommodation by a representative from Annandale and transferred to The Homestead were you will be met by your private driver and transferred to Christchurch Airport prior to your onward flight to Queenstown. On arrival, you will be met and escorted to private helicopter for the scenic transfer to your accommodation. You will be staying at Minaret Station Alpine Lodge for two nights in a King Alpine and Chalet and a Twin Alpine Chalet.
Minaret Station Alpine Lodge – 2 nights
On the rugged South Island, Minaret Station provides guests with a taste of New Zealand’s great outdoors, offering warmth and authenticity at every turn. Minaret Station is proud to offer Minaret Station Alpine Lodge, Minaret Station Guided Experiences and Minaret Station Events.
Day 13: Explore Minaret Station
Today you will enjoy a scenic helicopter flight to explore Fiordland and Aspiring National Parks, along with Milford Sound and the Southern Alps. Fly up close to waterfalls, traverse the majestic fiords, observe New Zealand fur seals, hover over glaciers and make a snow landing. You will enjoy a gourmet picnic lunch amongst the picturesque mountain skyline.
While at Minaret Station we recommend the following unique local experiences:
- A guided fishing tour to well stocked high country streams and rivers.
- Hike rocky ridge lines, grassy undulating valleys or luscious ancient rainforests.
- Mountain bike on purpose built trails.
- Tour the working farm and see stock including sheep, cattle and deer.
Day 14: Travel by helicopter to Queenstown
This morning you will be met at your accommodation by your private helicopter for the scenic transfer back to Queenstown. On arrival you will be bet by your driver who will transfer you to Eichardt’s Private Hotel where you will be staying for three nights in a King Lake View Suite and Twin Lake View Suite.
Eichardt’s Private Hotel - 3 nights
Eichardt’s Private Hotel is a Queenstown icon providing fine accommodation in seven luxurious Lake View Suites, four comfortably appointed Lakefront Apartments, The Residence and The Penthouse, all situated on premium lakefront positions in the heart of Queenstown.
Day 15 & 16: Explore Queenstown
Day 1: This morning you will be met at your accommodation by your private driver and will be transferred to Glenorchy for an exciting wilderness tour and jet boat excursion. Following your briefing you will journey by four-wheel-drive coach through the back roads to the upper reaches of the scenic Dart River. You may enjoy an optional guided forest walk en route. From the upper Dart River enjoy an exhilarating and scenic jet boat ride. Following your excursion, you will be returned to your accommodation by your private vehicle and driver. The remainder of your afternoon is at leisure.
Day 2: While at leisure in Queenstown we recommend the following unique local experiences: Ply the waters of Lake Wakatipu aboard the 100 year old TSS Earnslaw.
- Ride the Skyline Gondola to the top of Bob’s Peak for the best views over the town and Lake Wakatipu and for the more adventurous zip line or luge ride back down.
- Hike the variety of landscapes available nearby the town including lakeside, rainforest, high country, alpine and farmlands.
- Visit the picturesque historic gold mining town of Arrowtown and browse the boutiques housed in heritage buildings along the main street.
- Play on Queenstown’s world class golf courses such as Jacks Point, The Hills or Millbrook.
- Brave the iconic Kiwi adrenaline activity, bungy jumping, at the 134 metre Nevis River, the 43 metre Kawarau Bridge or the 47 metre Ledge.
- Visit any of the dozens of surreal film sites used in the Lord of the Rings, the Hobbit, and other movies.
- Sample some delicious drops at the regions leading cellar doors and restaurants such as Amisfield, Chard Farm, Peregrine and Gibbston Vineyards.
- Of course, being the ‘Adventure Capital of the World’, there are plenty of adrenaline activities on offer including skydiving, canyoning, white water rafting, quad biking, and so much more.
If you would like to find out more about this package and for prices, get in touch with a friendly Camel Collection rep today.
Request a Callback
Please enter your phone number and we will give you a call.Or message us on Whatsapp